During the presenting of the trophies they also select the top players from all the teams participating and name them to the All Tournament team. Guess who was named to the All Tourney team.....yep, MY SON! Double Wahooooo!!!! I was quite excited at this point. Of course all it means is that you get a t-shirt that says All Tourney but still....you had to be one of the top players to get that coveted T-shirt! So finally it was time for the 3 individual trophies....top pitcher, MVP (which we all know goes to someone on the championship team most of the time) and Top Hitter throughout the tournament. Well guess what.....are you ready....drum roll please....the Top Varsity Hitter for the tournament was MY SON! OMG! That is so freakin amazing! That means out of the 125 or so kids in the tournament my son was the number 1 hitter! I'm not sure what his batting average ended up being but I do know that in the tournament he hit 2 triples, 4 doubles and quite a few singles with at least 6 RBI's that I can remember. WAHOOOOOO....way to go Tony! And he is only a Junior! Well done son!
Friday, March 21, 2008
Proud Mommy moment
As you know (because I am sure I have mentioned it on here just a few times) my son is on the varsity baseball team for his high school. The team is composed of mostly juniors with a couple sophomores and one freshman....no seniors, which for those of you who know sports are aware this is not a good thing. But alas we headed into the 38th annual Easter tournament hosted by our high school this week....and since the team was 0-4 at this point I didn't have high hopes. I am happy to report that I was wrong.....the team took 3rd place out of the 10 teams that were there. In my opinion though...they tied for the championship. Here's the reason.....my son's team finished 4-1, the second place team finished 3-2 and the championship team finished 4-1. The way they worked this tournament doesn't make any sense to me....how can the 3rd place team have a better record than the 2nd place team? Go figure. But alas...we finished 3rd....Wahoooooooo!! Go Lancers!
During the presenting of the trophies they also select the top players from all the teams participating and name them to the All Tournament team. Guess who was named to the All Tourney team.....yep, MY SON! Double Wahooooo!!!! I was quite excited at this point. Of course all it means is that you get a t-shirt that says All Tourney but still....you had to be one of the top players to get that coveted T-shirt! So finally it was time for the 3 individual trophies....top pitcher, MVP (which we all know goes to someone on the championship team most of the time) and Top Hitter throughout the tournament. Well guess what.....are you ready....drum roll please....the Top Varsity Hitter for the tournament was MY SON! OMG! That is so freakin amazing! That means out of the 125 or so kids in the tournament my son was the number 1 hitter! I'm not sure what his batting average ended up being but I do know that in the tournament he hit 2 triples, 4 doubles and quite a few singles with at least 6 RBI's that I can remember. WAHOOOOOO....way to go Tony! And he is only a Junior! Well done son!
During the presenting of the trophies they also select the top players from all the teams participating and name them to the All Tournament team. Guess who was named to the All Tourney team.....yep, MY SON! Double Wahooooo!!!! I was quite excited at this point. Of course all it means is that you get a t-shirt that says All Tourney but still....you had to be one of the top players to get that coveted T-shirt! So finally it was time for the 3 individual trophies....top pitcher, MVP (which we all know goes to someone on the championship team most of the time) and Top Hitter throughout the tournament. Well guess what.....are you ready....drum roll please....the Top Varsity Hitter for the tournament was MY SON! OMG! That is so freakin amazing! That means out of the 125 or so kids in the tournament my son was the number 1 hitter! I'm not sure what his batting average ended up being but I do know that in the tournament he hit 2 triples, 4 doubles and quite a few singles with at least 6 RBI's that I can remember. WAHOOOOOO....way to go Tony! And he is only a Junior! Well done son!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's wonderful, Rhonda!!
Beth, brideinOC
Wow - go Tony! That's fantastic!
Glad all is well with you - we miss you :)
Congrats to your son! Definitely a pround mommy moment!!
Post a Comment