In an attempt to finally update my blog I thought I would let everyone know that I have offically been accepted into the Fall 08 nursing program. As you are aware it is a lottery system here in Sacramento due to the number of applicants vs. number of spots....475 people applied for 30 spots. I applied to all 3 programs available and at first I received a rejection letter from all 3.
Fast forward 1 week from the date of the letters and I received a phone call at work telling me that someone had dropped out and I was the first person on the waiting list. I was so excited, scared, stressed and overwhelmed all at the same time. From what I can gather the drawing is strictly lottery but the waitlist/alternate list is based on your grades and since I had a 4.0 GPA I was at the top. I will offically become a nursing student on 8/25/08.
Of course I still haven't quite figured out the financial aspect yet....I will have to quit my job and we will have to live strictly off of DH's income and any loans I can get. The real scary part is that I supply the health insurance for us. Not sure how the next 2 years are going to be for us but one way or another we will make it work. Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Congrats!!
Post a Comment