Saturday, September 15, 2007

Another Lancer victory!

Whoot whoot!!! So Friday night had us in Roseville...which is about 20 minutes from our house, so not too terribly far. We were playing the Oakmont Vikings...a team that we beat by the skin of our teeth last year so they were out for revenge. :::notice how I say we and our, as if I was on the team myself..lol:::

Anyways.....as our team came out of the locker room and marched down to the field I cannot even tell you how excited I was and the goosebumps I had, my son was part of that team being cheered onto the field!!!

The cheers from the crowd and the band playing while our team ran onto the field was awesome!!!
Then the team lines up to do jumping jacks while shouting "We Are....BIG RED!!" And the crowd erupts. "We Are....BIG RED!!!" More cheering from the stands. (take notice how the opposing stands are far from full...and it was their home game....our stands were packed, and when we are home it is standing room only)
Then the team gathers together to get pumped up and the game begins....
Since my son missed last week's game due to being in WA for his dad's wedding this is where he spent the entire game....He's number 28...the one standing next to number 68.

Final score....Cordova Lancers 47 - Oakmont Vikings 27. Wahooooo!

BTW....my camera savvy friends, how in the heck do I take pictures of the games without things being blurry. At first I just used the normal setting but then everything was blurry so I switched to the Sports setting and then only the things standing still were clear, the moving people were blurry. I don't get it....I thought the Sports setting was for moving objects. Hmmmm.