On Tuesday, exactly one week from the date the car was stolen, I received a call from the police dept that the car had been recovered. Wahooooo!!! They gave me the name and number of the tow company and I was informed to call them for more information. I promptly called the tow company because I needed to know what kind of shape the car was in....but it wasn't there yet and I was told to call back in 20 mins. Those were the longest 20 mins of my life!! I was so anxious to find out if Ashley would be able to drive her car again or if it had been destroyed. So I waited very impatiently for the clock to tick off those 20 mins.
Finally it was time to call them back. The car was there and I could come see it....that's what she told me. What? I need to know more!!! She radioed the driver and he said the car "runs and drives"...that's it? Is it in one piece, does it have 4 tires still, are there still body parts on the car...come on, tell me more!!! She asks the driver again and he said the battery and radio were gone but that was it. Waaaaa freakin hoooooo......that's awesome! I knew the radio would be gone...the thief would have definately been an idiot to leave it in there because it was probably worth more than the whole car. But the battery? I don't get it...why did they take the battery? It wasn't even new.
So lunch time comes and I proceed to drive over to the tow yard to see for myself. Well the car wasn't vandalized but it was a filthy disgusting mess!!! It was absolutely gross....they left cups and garbage and even dirty nasty clothes in the car. The dumbasses had been using the car to get back/forth to work and around town.....you morons, the car HAS been reported stolen! Well the scumbags also left their work tools in the car.....that's right you bastards, I have your work tools! I'm not sure what kind of work the tools were for....maybe stealing cars! Unfortunately the police don't even pursue car thieves anymore so there isn't any point in taking the tools to them for fingerprinting.
So DH gets off work early to pick up the car....he buys a battery, picks up Ashley and heads over. The fee for picking up a car the tow company towed maybe 10 miles at the most and stored for 3 hours.....$205!!! Holy shit! I don't know who the bigger thieves were...the person who took the car or the tow company! How wrong is it that your car gets stolen and you get screwed by the tow company when it's found?!!! DH said he wouldn't be surprised if the tow company was the one that took the battery...after all, how did they know that the car ran if it didn't have a battery? And we would never know any different because the police don't inventory the cars when they find them.
So almost $300 later (had to include the cost of the battery) at least Ashley has her car back and I no longer have to figure out how to get her to all of her classes and to work. But I am a little concerned about the thieves....they took the registration that has my name and address on it, what's to stop them from taking the car again...especially if they think I have their tools. Now my mornings look like this....alarm goes off, I climb out of bed and head straight for the front door to make sure the car is still there!
Oh......and the pond scum also stole the cheap little kickboards that we used at the lake, they were in the trunk. Ummmmmm, hello you idiot....they were only $5, WTF did you want with them?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
What about the A&F sweatshirt!?!?! was it there??? =)
No...but they were kind enough to leave us their ratty old sticky black sweatshirt in place of the A & F one.
Hmm, interesting about the tow company! I am glad you got it back and that it is drivable!!!
kick boards are super fun! At least if they don't have the car, they have some fun at the beach!
This is just ridiculous. What is WRONG with people. :( Glad you got it back though. That is great news!!
Post a Comment